Monday, June 6, 2016

Take Rest

Come to Me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.
Matthew 11:28

WOW! We are into the six month of 2016 and I am already exhausted.  =)
I feel like I’ve been going non-stop for the last six months, between family, church, work . . . it is crazy!
From what I can see in the Bible, rest is very important and not only physical rest but mind and spirit too.
God rested – not because He was tired, but to set the standard for mankind; resting on the Sabbath is one of the Ten Commandments.
God desires rest for us because it does not come naturally to us. (this should be a direct hint to me, since I am told I don’t know how to stop . . . )
To rest, we have to trust that God will take care of things for us, we have to trust that if we take a day off, the world will not stop turning on its axis. (this would be good for me to acknowledge in my work environment too)
Through the years humans have become more tense and less able to relax.
Relaxing our grip on our own lives, careers, families, etc., and giving them over to God in faith is the best way to relax. (note to self: hear that? give it all to God!)
Remember that the ultimate rest is found in Christ.
He invites all who are “weary and burdened” to come to Him and cast our cares on Him.
It is only in Him that we find our complete rest—from the cares of the world, from the sorrows that plague us, rest from the labors of our self-effort, because He alone is holy and righteous.
We can now cease from our spiritual labors and rest in Him, not just one day a week, but always.


Have a blessed day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...