Monday, June 20, 2016

My Strength is in Him

It is God who arms me with strength and keeps my way secure. He makes my feet like the feet of a deer; he causes me to stand on the heights.
– Psalm 18:32-33

I would have never made it through the last week without the strength and security given to me by God.
It felt like every day another ball dropped and I was struggling to see the path He wanted me on.
I needed a push to live confidently in God’s strength, yet understand that the source of that strength is not mine, but His.
When things get tough, do you get depressed? I do.  I had my husband remind me that I was shutting down, closing myself off even to him.
That should have been indicator that i was not looking in the right direction for my strength.
The same holds true for when things go well.  We tend to celebrate our accomplishments as if they are our own. These are signs of wrong focus.
When we acknowledge the One who gives us our identity we are able to rise above the setbacks and breakthroughs of life.


Have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...