Friday, June 24, 2016

Do not be afraid

Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.
– John 14:27

Cell phones, text messaging, face time, the internet.
Twenty years ago we did not have these options, so now when we immediately need something and can get it, well, it seems we should consider it privilege to be in a world that can connect with each other instantly.
But then there is the flip side, sometimes we don’t want that kind of access.  
We hear of horrible events and potentially dangerous developments every day, every hour.
News that makes our anxieties fly off the charts.
We have lived in a broken world since the fall of Adam and Eve— but with today’s ability to see everything live, we know have a greater awareness of that brokenness.
We must take our eyes off of the media reports, the live streaming, the youtube videos and cast our eyes upon Jesus.  
Jesus calms us in a broken world.
He promised to do so.


Have a blessed day!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...