Friday, June 24, 2016

musical thoughts for the weekend

Music . . .
I associate music with just about everything . . .  I think I could do a life montage and have all kinds of music used, there is not much for music genres that I have not listened to at one point or another.
I grew up in the 70’s listening to my brother’s music making me a huge Beatles & Eagles fan.  Throw in some other bands from that era for a well-rounded experience.
In the 80’s I listened to some country and some 80’s rock (I’d have to return my child of the 80’s card if I didn’t know every word of every Madonna song – LOL)
I started listening to “Christian Rock” or “worship music” in the 90’s.
That is when I started listening to the lyrics. Of every song.
I love to sing.  I don’t care what it is, I sing commercial jingles, I just love to sing.
It’s the songs that I can’t sing without choking up a bit that I want to hear.
The songs that touch me and make me realize that I am here for a reason. 
I have a purpose.
And by golly, God loves me!
Amazing Grace – it IS indeed amazing grace that sees us through.
In the Garden – I may come to the garden alone, but He is always with me – always.
God’s Not Dead – He is indeed living in me!
Flawless – no matter the bumps, no matter the bruises, the crass has made you flawless
Potter’s Hand – I am clay – mold me into what You want me to be, Lord
Heart of Worship – it is all about Him, not me
It Is Well With My Soul – I am filled by Him, it is well with my soul
Diamonds – when the pressure is on He’s making diamonds
Give Me Your Eyes – we are supposed to be the body – we need to see things like He does
What a Friend We Have In Jesus – I’m so glad He is my friend!!
I could go on and on.
Music soothes my soul, and when it is music that praises my King, well, all that much better.
I am so lucky to be a member of an incredible church and part of their awesome worship team.  I get to sing with them in church this Sunday. If you don’t have a church home, you are welcome to come to mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...