Saturday, June 18, 2016

Trust in Him

Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding;
in all your ways submit to Him, and He will make your paths straight.
- Proverbs 3:5-6

This has been a very challenging week for me.  My mother fell and was hospitalized with two broken arms and with her Alzheimer's, she doesn't even remember falling so that makes recovery even more difficult because she doesn't understand why she is in pain. Mom got out of the hospital and transferred to a rehab facility yesterday, and the path she is on will be long and arduous. Praying that she makes a full recovery and is able to return to her assisted living home. 
Yesterday my beloved cat started getting sick. My Mittens the Kitten is pretty unique, so having her sick was devastating for me.  We spent a couple hours at the vet this morning, and hopefully she too is on the way to recovery. 
I feel like i am shutting down, withdrawing, pulling away from the people who want to comfort me, because i don't like this feeling of helplessness.  Remember me? I'm the one that fixes everything. 
Oddly enough, there is a song (surprise!) that i heard for the first time on the radio yesterday, but even odder is i heard it play every time i got in the car. 
I guess maybe God was trying to tell me something.  The artist is Lauren Daigle and the song is "Trust in You".  the chorus goes like this:
When You don’t move the mountains I’m needing You to move
When You don’t part the waters I wish I could walk through
When You don’t give the answers as I cry out to You
I will trust, I will trust, I will trust in You!


It's pretty clear what i need to do now. 
It's Yours, God. 
lead me. 

Have a blessed day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...