Sunday, June 26, 2016

The devil made me do it

 When tempted, no one should say, “God is tempting me.” For God cannot be tempted by evil, nor does he tempt anyone; but each person is tempted when they are dragged away by their own evil desire and enticed. Then, after desire has conceived, it gives birth to sin; and sin, when it is full-grown, gives birth to death.
- James 1:13-15

“The devil made me do it”.
I think we have all heard this, and some of us have even used this to excuse our poor behavior, but nothing is further from the truth. We can blame satan or we can blame God, but the truth is that it is us, failing to address our own hearts.
Temptation begins with our own hidden agendas.
This is why we were given the gift of repentance, when we recognize the great love that God has for us, we can bring our darkest motives to light.
Jesus came to deliver us from temptation.
We just need to admit where that temptation comes from and stop it before it grows from temptation to sin, and once it is sin, surely it will bring us death.

Have a blessed evening. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...