Sunday, June 19, 2016

He Gives Me Rest

Return to your rest, my soul, for the Lord has been good to you.
– Psalm 116:7
I think that today was my favorite day this week. I was able to worship in an awesome place, with awesome people and i felt more relaxed today than i have all week.  I have been frazzled and stressed this week, things just felt like they were spiraling out of control. What i need to remember, as i suspect many of us do, is that we need to come to the Lord in prayer, and get rid of our agendas, we should pray to receive God's rest. Remember all of the ways that God has shown us His goodness in the past, and let those memories wash away our anxieties, for Jesus' yoke is easy, His burden is light.  God is in control. 
Have a blessed day. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...