Monday, June 13, 2016

Praying for Orlando

We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed
2 Corinthians 4:8-9

This was not my planned verse for today.
Then again, I am sure many did not plan to be mourning the loss of a loved one this morning.
I am furious that once again there was an attack on American soil.
I am grieving the senseless loss of life.
I don’t care who that man was – it was not his right to judge people.  Only God has that right.
And now, people are blaming the fact that this hideous creature had a licensed gun.
I am reminded of a poem we were taught in high school:

It isn’t the car that begins to whine when forced to stop for an old stop sign – it’s the driver.
It isn’t the car that takes a drink then quickly loses its power to think – it’s the driver.
It isn’t the car that fails to heed the dangers of reckless, discourteous speed – it’s the driver.
It isn’t the car that steps on the gas and causes an accident trying to pass – it’s the driver.
A car may be bent and twisted awry, but it isn’t the car that has to die – it’s the driver.

Now, let’s twist that up a little:

It isn’t the gun that begins to whine when feeling that its been given a “sign” – it’s the shooter.
It isn’t the gun that takes a drink then quickly loses its power to think – it’s the shooter.
It isn’t the gun that fails to heed the dangers of guns, causing people to bleed – it’s the shooter.
It isn’t the gun that walks into a place destroying lives because or religion, orientation or race – it’s the shooter.
Yes, a gun may be dangerous in the hands of someone not right in the head, but it isn’t the gun that ends up dead –
it’s the victims of this senseless crime, done over and over throughout time.

I know that there are some that will agree with me that the gun is not at fault. 
There are some that will that will disagree with my opinion on this entire issue.
This attack on American soil will not destroy us.
This attack on the LGBT community will not stop people from being who they are.
Everyone involved has a family, has loved ones.

Please people – just love one another!  Stop taking matters into your own hands – let go and let God.

Pray with me for the families and victims of the Orlando shooting.

Have a blessed day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...