Wednesday, June 22, 2016

For crying out loud

I am worn out from my groaning. All night long I flood my bed with weeping and drench my couch with tears. My eyes grow weak with sorrow; they fail because of all my foes.
– Psalm 6:6-7

Growing up I was told things like “never let them see you cry”, ‘no pain, no gain” and “no use crying over spilled milk”.  
It felt like I was being told that it was shameful to cry.
But you know what?  It is OK to weep and mourn before God and others.
We often think that we are supposed to suppress our anger or sadness, but that only damages our soul and even our health.
These days people are learning to let our emotions out. (and boy have I been able to practice letting them out this past week!!)
Let God know how you feel  - that is the most important.
Our feelings are not a surprise to God, and He is the only Being in the universe that can handle the storms of our soul.
So get real with God in prayer, for that is the best place in the universe to release our pain and frustrations.
And don’t forget the box of tissues. J


Have a blessed day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...