Thursday, June 30, 2016

Do you earn your wage?

For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Seems like the topic of wages has been in the media again. . .  I remember my very first paying job in high school was at Wendy’s.  Minimum wage was $3.35 per hour. It certainly was not enough to live on, but it gave me spending money.  I might get verbally slapped for this, but I really don’t think that minimum wage jobs are supposed to provide people with a fabulous lifestyle.  I feel that minimum wage jobs are to be a stepping stone for bigger better things or for a little extra cash.
Many people think that employees working minimum wage jobs deserver more than minimum wage.
I promise you that if we truly get paid what we deserve, we're not going to like our wages.
And we won’t ever get rich.
On the other hand, God, who is rich in mercy and grace, gives us His gift because of the sacrifice of Jesus and not what we deserve.
I don't know about you, but that surely does make me want to serve Him more passionately and faithfully!
What better wage, than that which God gives us?


Have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...