Wednesday, November 17, 2021

rise up

Rise up; this matter is in your hands. We will support you, so take courage and do it. (NIV) 

Arise, for it is your task, and we are with you; be strong and do it. (ESV)

- Ezra 10:4 

 

This was an unusual verse that came across my desk, I was not sure how to use it, but somehow I knew that I need to find a way to post it.

So I did what every person does when they don’t understand something, I googled it! 
There are a lot of commentaries and explanations of the meaning of this verse, but John Gill’s Exposition of the Bible found in Bible Study tools it was broken down for me.  

Arise or rise up: Ezra was on his knees praying for guidance. 
this matter is in your hands: Ezra was a priest and he had the authority to put the law of God into execution.

we are with you: the people in the church were there to help him, he was not going to be doing anything on his own.

be strong and do it: his task was going to be tough and there would be some opposition to it, but he would be successful. 

Like Ezra, we often face things in our lives and the way we handle them does not bring us a lot of popularity votes, but when we handle these things with God in our hearts, we have His support and we have the support of other believers that we are doing the right thing, even when it’s ugly.

When we are faced with these challenges and need to make a decision, the best place to find answers is on our knees asking for God’s guidance just like Ezra did and more often than not, we will find the answers there. 

#dailybreadbykitty

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1167248103736801

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...