Wednesday, November 3, 2021

finding knowledge

My son, if you receive my words, and treasure my commands within you, so that you incline your ear to wisdom, and apply your heart to understanding; yes, if you cry out for discernment, and lift up your voice for understanding, if you seek her as silver, and search for her as for hidden treasures; then you will understand the fear of the Lord, and find the knowledge of God.

- Proverbs 2:1-5 (NKJV)

 

Interestingly enough, I ended yesterday’s “daily bread” with the words “we should be wise”, and today’s verse talks about finding knowledge of God.

When I first read the verse, my mind went to “having the knowledge of God”, and I thought “well that isn’t possible, no one can possibly know everything that God knows”

But then I realized that this verse is not about knowing what God knows, it is about knowing God.

Everyone has heard of God, but how many of us really know Him, have a relationship with Him, trust Him in all aspects of our lives? 
If we listen to God’s words, open ourselves to learning and understanding, and ask God to help us find Him in His plans for us, then in the process of growing ourselves we grow closer to Him.  

Remember the old saying “knowledge is power”?

It really is powerful to know God.

 

#dailybreadbykitty

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1167248103736801

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...