Thursday, November 4, 2021

fighting for me

Contend, Lord, with those who contend with me; fight against those who fight against me. Take up shield and armor; arise and come to my aid. Brandish spear and javelin against those who pursue me. Say to me, “I am your salvation.”

- Psalm 35:1-3

 

King David had a lot going for him in his time, but he also had a lot against him.

The guy started out as a shepherd boy, he killed a giant with a rock, became a favorite of another king only to end up running from that king and hiding for years. Then he becomes king himself, commits adultery, arranges a murder and goes into hiding again!  

It is no wonder that in this particular Psalm, David is petitioning God to fight for him.

God didn’t ever stop fighting for David, and He won’t stop fighting for you – song reference!

You will never stop fighting for me

When I can't fight for myself

Every word is a promise You keep

'Cause You love me like nobody else

You stand up for me in the darkest night

When my faith is weak You're still by my side

You will never stop fighting for me

Riley Clemmons pretty much nailed it with the song Fighting For Me.

No matter what battles we face, God is there, He is on our side, He is our shield and our armor, our strength and our salvation.

He will never stop fighting for us.

 

#dailybreadbykitty

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1167248103736801

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...