Monday, November 1, 2021

storms

God promises to make something good out of the storms that bring devastation to your life.

- Romans 8:28

 

This translation of Romans 8:28 absolutely speaks to me.

Unfortunately, I searched hours to find out “what” translation it is and could not find it. 

The NIV translation is “And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.”, which is every bit as powerful, but the other version just made me stop scrolling and really think about it.  

I have personally experienced a lot of devastation in my life, yet others have had far more.

I am old enough to see now, that from these periods of devastation, God did use them, use me to make something good out of the storms.  

Upon the death of my biological father earlier this year I had a lot of guilty feelings that perhaps I had not made enough effort to keep him in my life, that I should have reached out more often, forgiven things that were said and done, but I didn’t and while I can’t say that I was racked with grief by his death, I was surely overwhelmed by guilt.

But God used this to bring me to develop a relationship with my baby sister, and as our friendship grows, I find that I love her and I am glad for the opportunity to know her instead of just knowing of her. 

Events happened earlier this year that turned my world completely upside down, I was devastated, depressed and honestly thinking of ways to get out of this life.

But God used this to show me how strong I really am, I discovered that I am capable of a lot more that I thought possible and a few relationships that were broken have been mended and are stronger than ever. 

Storms will come, devastation will happen, but when we trust in God we find that there is sunshine after the rain and while we may not see it right away, God is using the storms for something good. 

 

#dailybreadbykitty

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1167248103736801

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...