Friday, November 19, 2021

through water and fire

Do not fear, for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are mine. When you pass through the waters,  I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze.

- Isaiah 43:1a-2

 

Indulge me for a moment while I say happy birthday to the love of my life, I hope today brings you so much happiness. 

I asked my husband what his favorite verse is because I wanted to honor him in my daily verse, after all, he is pretty special to me. 
He immediately talked about this verse, which also happens to be one of my favorites.

When we read Isaiah 43, we find that God promises to protect us from water and fire, and that we are His, He calls us by name, we are His own.

This is a promise from God, that we belong to Him.

God formed us and redeemed us, He will never ever abandon us.

No matter what challenges, trials, struggles or difficulties we face, He will deliver us and bring us to safety and victory. 
We can look throughout history and see the one constant, the one truth, God is always there.

Time and time again He has rescued His children, He will not forget us.

We know this to be true, because it is His promise, we know it from history and we know it by faith. 
He calls us by name, there is no way He will let us be overcome. 

 

#dailybreadbykitty

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1167248103736801

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...