Thursday, October 1, 2020

it’s a trap!!

Fear and intimidation is a trap that holds you back. But when you place your confidence in the Lord, you will be seated in the high place.

- Proverbs 29:25 (TPT)

 

I have serious anxiety issues, to the point where my anxiety has kept me from doing things I enjoy.

The anxiety is likely rooted in fear, and fear can hold you back. 

Musicians seem to put this in better words than I can so here are the choruses of two (two!) favorite songs:

Fear, you don't own me

There ain't no room in this story

And I ain't got time for you

Telling me what I'm not

Like you know me well guess what?

I know who I am

I know I'm strong

And I am free

Got my own identity

So fear, you will never be welcome here

And song two:

Fear, he is a liar

He will take your breath

Stop you in your steps

Fear he is a liar

He will rob your rest

Steal your happiness

Cast your fear in the fire

'Cause fear he is a liar

I have many fears, but I have got to learn to place my fears at the foot of the cross, because me giving in to my fear is telling God that I don’t trust Him.

I am not willing to tell God I don’t trust Him, not after all He has done for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...