Wednesday, October 7, 2020

double-edged

With the tongue we praise our Lord and Father, and with it we curse human beings, who have been made in God’s likeness. Out of the same mouth come praise and cursing. My brothers and sisters, this should not be. Can both fresh water and salt water flow from the same spring? My brothers and sisters, can a fig tree bear olives, or a grapevine bear figs? Neither can a salt spring produce fresh water.

- James 3:9-12

 

This is probably one of my greatest challenges.

When everything is going well, I am happy, I sing, I enjoy life.

But then WHAM! That horrible person has to come in and just be a jerk and ruin my day.

When that happens, the same voice that was singing praise songs is now saying words that I am embarrassed even come out of my mouth.

Every day I wake up and ask God to fill me with His spirit, to let me be a beacon of light to those who do not know Him.

It’s hard to be a bright light when you have an overwhelming desire to scream at someone.

So this is something that I have to work on every day, every minute of every day.

I want to be who God wants me to be, so I will continue to pray for grace and patience.

God does still work in us when we let Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...