Wednesday, October 28, 2020

crying

Jesus wept. 

- John 11:35

 

This is the shortest verse in the Bible.

And perhaps one of the most powerful.

Jesus was moved to tears by the sorrow of Mary and Martha over the death of their brother Lazarus.

All of their friends were crying, mourning the death of their friend.

Lazarus, Mary and Martha were friends of Jesus too, and He shared in their sorrow.

I’d like to think that Mary and Martha found comfort in His tears.

I’d like to believe that when I am sad, Jesus cries with me too.

Jesus loves us that much, that our sadness does not leave Him unmoved.

We never cry alone, He is there, maybe He isn’t crying, but He is holding us while we cry. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...