Monday, October 12, 2020

giving

In everything I did, I showed you that by this kind of hard work we must help the weak, remembering the words the Lord Jesus himself said: ‘It is more blessed to give than to receive.’

- Acts 20:35

 

When we are teaching our children about being generous, we often use this verse as a basis for what we want them to learn.

We should also remember it ourselves.

When the apostle Paul was traveling to spread the good news of God’s grace, he found himself saying goodbye to the people he met along the way, specifically in this verse, the Ephesian Elders. 

He explained to them that they must continue to teach the Word of God, that as leaders they needed to GIVE to the people.

He wasn’t telling them to give their money, he wanted them to give their time, to teach the people about God, to sacrifice themselves happily for the teaching of others.

I feel like this still holds true, how often have you been asked by a friend to grab a cup of coffee to catch up? 

That friend is looking for your gift of time, maybe they have something on their heart they need to share with you, or maybe they know that you need to talk.

Perhaps they want to know more about your walk with Jesus, and what a blessing to give them the gift of knowing they can have a relationship with Him too!

I am blessed by the gifts that God gave me, and I am more than happy to share with you!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...