Monday, October 26, 2020

do as I say

He who heeds discipline shows the way to life, but whoever ignores correction leads others astray.

—Proverbs 10:17

 

A child will imitate their parents, grandparents, whoever they happen to be around.

Often you’ll hear an adult tell a child “do as I say, not as I do.”

What kind of lesson is that?

What are we teaching a child when we tell them they have to do the exact opposite of what they see us do?

Every thing we do, someone sees us doing that thing, and how we carry ourselves can impact others, for better or for worse.

Just like we see others doing things, it may affect how we react, and sometimes, we really need to think through our reactions.

When we see or hear about something happening and we go off on a tangent, we are not just harming ourselves, we are causing others to be hurtful and harmful as well.

The choices we make do not just impact us, we seriously need to remember that.

Be disciplined, choose the way to life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...