Thursday, October 8, 2020

material things

What good is it for someone to gain the whole world, and yet lose or forfeit their very self?

- Luke 9:25

 

Who doesn’t want a nice house, a fancy car, name brand clothing and everything their heart desires?

I seriously cannot think of a single person that I know that at one point in time or another has not wished for something that was out of reach.

But at what cost?

We work so hard to “live the good life” and we miss the little things.

We sacrifice time with family to make sure our presentation for work is ready, or to meet that important client.

It’s time to stop.

What good will that nice house be, if you don’t have family to fill it with love and laughter?

How important do you look in your fancy car, if you have no where to go because you’ve left your friends behind in pursuit of the next big thing?

TobyMac sings “I don’t want to gain the whole world and lose my soul”

Look up the song and listen to it.

The words might hit home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...