Thursday, October 15, 2020

not alone

I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you. Before long, the world will not see me anymore, but you will see me. Because I live, you also will live.

- John 14:18-19

 

Jesus was preparing His disciples for what He knew was coming, His arrest, death and resurrection, but He could not exactly tell them that they would watch Him die, and then see Him raised from the dead.

Even though they had witnessed many of His miracles, had He told them outright what was coming, they probably would have thought He’d gone loopy.

But He wasn’t loopy.

Even though He had to leave earth, He wanted His disciples to know that they would never be alone, that He would be with them always and give them an eternal life with Him.

That is huge!

And you know what? It is the same for us!

Jesus is with us, every second of every day – we are never alone! 

When we feel like there is no where left to turn – look up!  He is there, waiting for us to run to His arms, because He lives, we are alive in Him.

Because He lives, I can face tomorrow (yes, that is a song reference).

There is no such thing as being alone when you have Jesus.   

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...