Wednesday, January 29, 2020

what do you see?


When they arrived, Samuel saw Eliab and thought, “Surely the Lord’s anointed stands here before the Lord.” But the Lord said to Samuel, “Do not consider his appearance or his height, for I have rejected him. The Lord does not look at the things people look at. People look at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart.”
- 1 Samuel 16:6-7

How many times have you been out in public and saw someone that just made you wonder what they were thinking?
From the multi-colored hairstyles to piercings, to clothing that has seen its better days, we all have passed someone that made us wonder.
But underneath the pierced eyebrow and gauged ear, underneath the plaid shirt and striped pants is a human – a being created by God, just like you.
I am so very glad that God doesn’t look at me and see what I see in the mirror.
I pray that God gives me His eyes to see people the way He does.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...