Tuesday, January 28, 2020

wishful thinking?


May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.
- Romans 15:13

My devotional for 2020 asks “what differentiates hope from a wish?”
I wish my hair would hurry up and grow longer.
I hope that the cat didn’t throw up on my bed.
Both hoping and wishing are the result of a desire, but wishes end there.
Hope is the confident expectation that God has promised us strength in Him, that if we are faithful, He will provide for our needs.
Hope fills us with joy, excitement, plans for the future.
Believe that good things will happen, because when you hope in the Father, the good things will come.
Oh – and the cat didn’t throw up on my bed – so see, God is good!!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...