Monday, January 6, 2020

Monday again?


For I am about to do something new. See, I have already begun! Do you not see it? I will make a pathway through the wilderness. I will create rivers in the dry wasteland.
- Isaiah 43:19 (NLT)

Happy first Monday of 2020.
As a child, I was a huge fan of the comic strip Garfield, really I still am.  
I felt a kinship with Garfield because we both hate spiders, tolerate dogs, love lasagna and despise Mondays. 
Sunday are either the first day of a new week, or the last day of the previous week, depending on your personal calendar. 
For most people, Monday is the first day of their work week, therefore, quite often viewed with contempt. 
What if we viewed Monday simply as a new day? 
What if we woke up every Monday (every day, really) with this verse in our heart?
C.S. Lewis said “You are never too old to set another goal or dream a new dream.”
With these things in mind, we can look forward to new things on Mondays and in 2020. 
Let’s make 2020 a year of good beginnings! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...