Thursday, January 2, 2020

it’s all about the money


Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said, “Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you.” 
- Hebrews 13:5

This is a repeat, my friends, but it is that time of year and this is one of the (touchy) subjects that needs repeating.
The holidays are over and now, the credit card bills are rolling in.
Many people will spend the next 11 months trying to pay off the debt they added trying to buy the perfect Christmas for everyone and themselves, only to turn around and rack up the debt again in December 2020.
Tell me, is it worth it?
Does that big screen TV or the latest game console really improve your life?
I bet it doesn’t.
In 2020, I encourage you to work on getting debt free (this still applies to me too, I have a few things that need to be paid off).
Dave Ramsey has a great program in Financial Peace University and even if you don’t follow to the letter (I don’t) his process can make a world of difference (it does) and you can learn to have the best things without going over your eyeballs in debt.
God says very clearly that we should not love money (it’s one of those things that is repeated several times in the Bible, maybe we should listen!).
Let’s start there.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...