Thursday, January 9, 2020

renew


Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me.
- Psalm 51:10 (NIV)

If you know me or have been reading my daily bread for a while, you know that I love music. 
So many things can be said in a song.
All genres have some good lyrics, but I mostly listen to contemporary Christian. 
Still every now and then, I run across an oldie but goodie – like today’s song reference: 
Purify my heart,
Let me be as gold and precious silver.
Purify my heart,
Let me be as gold, pure gold.
Refiner's fire,
My heart's one desire
Is to be... holy;
Set apart for You, Lord.
I choose to be... holy;
Set apart for You, my Master,
Ready to do Your will.
Purify my heart,
Cleanse me from within
And make me holy.
Purify my heart,
Cleanse me from my sin, deep within.
Refiner's fire,
My heart's one desire
Is to be... holy;
Set apart for You, Lord.
I choose to be... holy;
Set apart for You, my Master,
Ready to do Your will.
No matter what things have happened in your life, bad decisions you have made, mistakes that you thought would follow you for life, God’s love can redeem you. 
You are worth it to Him, He will forgive you and let you start over. 
All you have to do, is ask. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...