Monday, January 20, 2020

grief turns to joy


Very truly I tell you, you will weep and mourn while the world rejoices. You will grieve, but your grief will turn to joy... Now is your time of grief, but I will see you again and you will rejoice, and no one will take away your joy.
- John 16:20,22

Thirty-five years have passed since the day my daddy died. 
I was all of fifteen years old, I really had no clue what was in store for me and growing up without my daddy, well, it was pretty tough. 
My mother and older brother did their best, but nothing really replaces the love of a father for a little girl.
The past few weeks have been full of sadness as I have witnessed my friends lay their loved ones to rest. 
I wonder if they know that their loved ones are now cradled in the arms of the Savior, no longer hurting, rejuvenated by the Spirit. 
Thirty-five years later, I still mourn my daddy’s death, I certainly don’t expect my friends to forget their losses, but I am assured by the words of my Heavenly Father and my Savior Jesus that one day, I will see all of my loved ones again. 
My sorrow will turn to joy when I rest my gaze on the face of my Heavenly Father, I promise you that I’ll be running to His arms. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...