Wednesday, January 3, 2018

amazing things

Joshua told the people, "Consecrate yourselves, for tomorrow the LORD will do amazing things among you."
—Joshua 3:5

Today’s commentary is full of quotes and references, I apologize in advance for the groans you will certainly endure.
Joshua said “tomorrow the Lord will do amazing things”.
Tomorrow has always held the promise of better things yet to come. 
Scarlett O’Hara said “Tomorrow is another day” (yeah, I threw in a literary reference) and who can forget Little Orphan Annie “The sun will come out tomorrow, chase away the sadness and the sorrow. . . “ (yeah, I did that too). 
So often we are focused on the past, the hurt and anger of things that happened, in reality all this does is damage our hearts. 
Make this year the year of “Let it go” (sorry, I had to). 
Focus on the what tomorrow will bring.  ( I really want to reference the song from An Officer and A Gentleman here, “Up Where We Belong” but I will spare you that one, and if it is an ear worm now, you are welcome!!)
Listen, people, today might be tough, but stop and breathe – it’s just a bad day, not a bad life. (that is a quote)
On particularly rough days when you are sure you can’t possibly endure, remind yourself that your track record for getting through bad days so far is 100% and that is pretty good. (last quote)
What plans do you have for this next year?
How about tomorrow or (gasp) today?
Just make sure that in all your planning, you remember how blessed you are and that God is in control, because I promise, you are loved and you are indeed blessed, no matter how you feel at this very moment, this too shall pass (ok, that was the final quote).


Have a blessed day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...