Monday, July 8, 2024

I don’t know

O our God, won’t you stop them? We are powerless against this mighty army that is about to attack us. We do not know what to do, but we are looking to you for help.

- 2 Chronicles 20:12 (NLT)

 

I don’t know what to do.
There is so much craziness going on in the world, in the country, in my city, in my life, that I just don’t now how to deal anymore.
But it’s ok. 
I ran across this little beauty on social media a few weeks ago: 
“Did you know there’s a prayer called the ‘I don’t know’ prayer?

You just go somewhere quiet, and you sit at the feet of God and you say ‘I don’t know’.

I don’t know where to go from here.

I don’t know what is happening.

I don’t know how to process this.

I don’t know what to do with these emotions.

I don’t know how to handle this situation.

And then, with whatever little grain of faith you have, you say, ‘but You know’.

And you leave it there, God most certainly hears your prayer.”

Whoa.

It’s kind of spooky that something just pops up on social media right when you need it the most.
I hope this is one of those things. 

We all have enemies, unseen demons that we fight every day.

Sometimes we fight so hard and so long that we feel we’ve nothing left to give.

And that’s ok, that’s when we pray this prayer to God.
We don’t know. 

But He does.

 

#dailybreadbykitty

Daily Inspiration from the Bible

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

wise words

People should listen to the quiet words of those who are wise. That’s better than paying attention to the shouts of a ruler of foolish peopl...