Tuesday, January 23, 2018

free!

So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed.
- John 8:36

“Free at last, free at last, thank God Almighty, I am free at last!”
Most of you will recognize this from Dr. Martin Luther King Jr’s “I have a dream” speech that he gave on August 28, 1963 on the steps of the Lincoln Memorial.
Did you know that those words were actually song lyrics?
What started out as a spiritual sung by slaves in the south, made its way to one of the most recognized speeches in history and has been the basis for many additional songs ever since.
The words mean different thing to different people, I can only tell you what they mean to me.
It means that I don’t have to be afraid of eternal damnation, Jesus died for me so I could be set free from my sin.
It means that I can share the Word without fear of persecution.
It means that I am so loved, so very loved, that God would send His only Son.
Maybe I should have saved this verse for July 4th.
But I am free to choose to send it today.


Have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...