Tuesday, January 30, 2018

is this offensive to you?

For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.
- 1 Corinthians 1:18

My pastor read this verse a week ago and to paraphrase what he said, this verse is basically that the Gospel is offensive and tasteless to some.
I can understand that.
As I study every day, I can find a lot of verses in the Bible that are harsh.
I mean seriously – the Bible points out that we are ALL sinners.
WHAT??
We might not want to admit it but yes, I am a sinner, you are a sinner, everyone is a sinner. (sorry for channeling my inner Oprah).
But wait, there is more!
The beauty of the Gospel is that we are FORGIVEN.
That is right, forgiven.
There is nothing that you can do that God won’t forgive, but the caveat is that you have to come to Him.
And the only way to come to Him is through Jesus.
I am saved by the power of His blood, and oh wow, that is such a comfort to me.
Come, be saved with me, I’ll tell you all about the mercy of our Lord.


Have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...