Friday, January 5, 2018

envy and evil both have 4 letters

For where you have envy and selfish ambition, there you find disorder and every evil practice.
—James 3:16

Have you noticed that the words "envy" and "evil" have the same number of letters? 
I just noticed it this morning . . . I am sure that the doomsayers of the world could have a field day with this. . .  but that is not why we are here. 
Most of my friends and family know that I recently made the decision to go back to school.
This was a pretty big leap for me, and I am really hoping that no one sees it as selfish ambition.
I needed to seriously look at the goals I’ve set and the plans I’ve made, because some could view it as me needing to “one-up” others, and that is honestly not why I made this decision.
I feel like I am doing this to make myself a better person, to learn more about the Gospel, to be able to accurately spread God’s word.
This is not a decision that was selfish or based on envy or greed.
My ultimate goal is for my heart to reach great heights for God's glory and to do great things to be a blessing to others.
We all need to make our plans and set our goals for God’s glory, otherwise, all our attempts to reach great things ultimately will end in chaos, heartbreak, and destruction.
What will you do today that is completely unselfish that will be a blessing to someone?


Have a blessed day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...