Wednesday, January 24, 2018

Desperado

When he came to his senses, he said, ‘How many of my father’s hired servants have food to spare, and here I am starving to death! I will set out and go back to my father and say to him: Father, I have sinned against heaven and against you. I am no longer worthy to be called your son; make me like one of your hired servants.’
– Luke 15:17-19

OK, I admit that the first thing that came to my mind when I read the first 5 words was the Eagles song “Desperado”.
Yeah, I think I just admitted my age there.
The second thing I thought of was the Veggie Tales episode The Ballad of Little Joe.
Yeah, I am a little weird.  
That is the only reason I am looking forward to grandchildren by the way – so I can watch Veggie Tales again.
Seriously, how many of us need to come to our senses and run back to the loving arms our Father?
I find it comforting to know that all I have to do is go to Him and be forgiven.
I am pretty sure that I can relate to the prodigal son.
Can you?


Have a blessed day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...