Thursday, January 11, 2018

how is your confidence?

By faith Abraham, when God tested him, offered Isaac as a sacrifice. He who had embraced the promises was about to sacrifice his one and only son, even though God had said to him, “It is through Isaac that your offspring will be reckoned.” Abraham reasoned that God could even raise the dead, and so in a manner of speaking he did receive Isaac back from death.
- Hebrews 11:17-19

I have often wondered what was going through Abraham’s mind as he made the trek up the mountain, knowing he was about to sacrifice his son.
Abraham did what God told him to do, without question, without hesitation.
Can we honestly say that we do the same thing?
I know that I can’t.
In my studies, I read that “works are deeds done in self-reliance to earn God’s favor by showing oneself meritorious.  Abraham offered his only son on an altar to God not to earn God’s favor, but because he was confident in God’s promise to give him posterity through Isaac.”
How much less stress would I have, if I just had that confidence?
How many times have we heard “let go and let God”?
Maybe it is time that we follow the examples given to us.


Have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...