Sunday, July 3, 2016

Friends Forever

Iron sharpens iron, and one man sharpens another.
- Proverbs 27:17

I have a childhood friend visiting this weekend, which prompted me to write about friendship. =)
We all have friends, right? I mean, we were created to be social creatures, generally we are most comfortable when we have family, friends and acquaintances around us. 
Friendship is a relationship that is entered into by individuals, and it is only as good or as close as those individuals choose to make it. 
If you can count your true friends on the fingers of one hand, you are blessed. 
A friend is someone with whom you can be yourself and never fear that he or she will judge you. 
Someone that you can confide in with complete trust. 
Someone you respect and that respects you, not based upon worthiness but based upon a likeness of mind.
Iron sharpens iron. 
True friendship is not always obvious — people you thought were your friends may turn out to be so far from being on your side that it is crazy, and those that you thought didn't care much for you may turn out to be your closest allies.
A true friendship is a very rare thing, but when it is proven, it is something to treasure and keep safe by all means possible.
I want to be the friend that loves at all times, that friend where nothing will diminish my love for you. 
Iron sharpens iron - when I make mistakes, I want to be able to confess to you, just as when you make mistakes you can come to me and be assured of my love and honesty. 
I want to be the friend that never condemns, but will tell the truth about your actions and encourage you to do what is right. 
I want my friends to trust me completely.  
Iron sharpens iron. 
True friendship means laying down your very life, if necessary, for the good of a friend. 
This is the way God loves us. 
When our hearts are broken, He feels it too. 
But He is willing to endure with us. 
And that is true friendship. 

Have a blessed day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...