Saturday, July 23, 2016

Teach Your Children Well


He decreed statutes for Jacob and established the law in Israel, which He commanded our forefathers to teach their children, so the next generation would know them, even the children yet to be born, and they in turn would tell their children. Then they would put their trust in God and would not forget His deeds but would keep His commands. 
-Psalm 78:5-7

song time!  surprise, it is not a Christian song, but a blast from the past: 
Teach your children well,
Their father's hell did slowly go by,
And feed them on your dreams
The one they picks, the one you'll know by.
Don't you ever ask them why, if they told you, you will cry,
So just look at them and sigh
And know they love you.

Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young released that song in 1970, but i think it still holds true. 
My baby left this morning for his last youth group trip (as a youth).  He will be gone for 8 days, so it is obviously not like he has left for basic training (that comes later in August and trust me, i will be a big ball of tears when that day comes.
I send my son on this trip, knowing in my heart that Randy and I did a good job raising him.  He knows the Lord.  He is compassionate and has a servant's heart.  His is rich, in the work he does for others. 
But . . . i am a little scared too.  
He will always have outside influences pushing him in the wrong direction (even though he is on a church trip). All i can do is give Him to God, knowing that as long as he turns to God in everything, the choices he makes will be the right ones. 
We all love our kids, we all want them to have the best of everything.  
The best thing we can give our kids is the love of Jesus. 
Have a blessed day.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...