Saturday, July 30, 2016

Joy comes in the morning

For His anger is but for a moment, and His favor is for a lifetime. Weeping may tarry for the night, but joy comes with the morning.
Psalm 30:5

Recently i have experienced extreme anger.  I am ashamed to say that it was really bad, and very much unwarranted and it turned me into a person that i do not like. I really want to be more like God (as we should all want to be).
God cannot delight in either the depression or ruin of His creatures. When something makes us angry, He brings it to us for our advantage, that we learn from His holiness, and not be condemned with the world. 
If He is angry with us, (it is hard for me to grasp that God could be angry with me, but if i don't like the person i am, how can i ask God to like me?)  it is but for a moment.  We should run to Him and seek His face, His favor is soon obtained. There are lives in that favor - the life that now is, and the life that is to come. 
"When weeping comes, it is only to lodge for the evening; and singing will surely come in the morning." This description of God's slowness to anger, and readiness to save, is so touching to me.  God loves me that much.  And He loves you that much too. 
If you are in a time of discipline or facing the cruel consequences of sin, please don't give up. Morning will come, and on that dawn will come God's grace. It's more than worth the wait!
And of course, there is a song reference . . .  
I'm trading my sorrowI'm trading my shameI'm laying them down for the joy of the LordI'm trading my sicknessI'm trading my painI'm laying them down for the joy of the LordI'm pressed but not crushed persecuted not abandonedStruck down but not destroyedI'm blessed beyond the curse for His promise will endureAnd His joy's gonna be my strengthThough the sorrow may last for the nightHis joy comes with the morningAnd we say yes Lord yes Lord yes yes LordYes Lord yes Lord yes yes LordYes Lord yes Lord yes yes Lord Amen
Have a blessed day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...