Friday, July 1, 2016

random thoughts for the weekend

Three day weekend anyone? I think that this may be one of my favorite holidays (do I say that for every holiday?). I love the fireworks, the picnics, the swimming, the fun with family and friends.
I have to giggle a little though – we once attended a church that had a retired pastor, who on every Memorial Day, Independence Day and Labor Day weekend would start the Sunday services with a prayer for rain on the people that were on the lake and camping instead of in church. LOL.  We always laughed, but that is because we were in church, not on the lake!
A poem I learned a long time ago:
The soldier and God; we both adore
In times of need; and not before
But when the war is won; and the wrong is righted
God is forgotten; and the soldier is slighted.
These words are credited to many if you google them – Francis Quarles and Rudyard Kipling both have variations of the verse.
General Douglas MacArthur said “In war there is no substitute for victory.”
The same is true in life  . . . and the victory is that we have God the Father in our lives, every step of the way.
What a victory! 
We need to remember while we celebrate our freedom to play on the lake and shoot off fireworks, that we still need to celebrate God.
My life changed drastically when I made the decision to follow Jesus.
I’m not saying by any means that I no longer have trials and struggles, but you know what? 
The trials and struggles are a little easier to handle now, knowing that I am not alone, that God is with me.
Enjoy your weekend, take some time to be with family and friends and be blessed.
Share the blessings with others, you may be the only happy they see today.
Don’t forget to check my blog for weekend words!

Be safe, and have a blessed weekend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...