Friday, May 26, 2023

nobody knows the trouble

The person who does what is right may have many troubles. But the Lord saves him from all of them.

- Psalm 34:19 (NIRV)

 

When I hear “nobody knows the trouble I’ve seen” a picture of Princess Vespa from Space Balls immediately flashes in my mind, perhaps I do have a nerdy side. 
One of the biggest arguments against God that I hear is why do bad things happen to good people and what kind of god “lets” stuff like that happen. 
How someone that is so faithful and true to the Lord can struggle with horrible events or issues. 
God doesn’t “let” these things happen. 
I understand that it sounds unreasonable, and many people refer to the book of Job, noting that God let the devil break Job multiple times. 
Folks, that was one time. 
God and the devil don’t sit around looking at humanity placing bets on who can take what form of disaster. 
Sometimes the choices we make are what puts us in a bad situation. 
Don’t misunderstand me, I know that nobody wants a terminal disease, I said sometimes it’s the choices we make. 
The bottom line, the point I am trying to make here is that trouble finds everyone at some point in their lives, but the people who live with God in their hearts find those troubles are less difficult to handle. 
Think about having your furnace go out on the coldest day of the year, if you are flat broke with no credit this is going to be a major issue for you, but if you have enough in a savings account or top-notch credit, then it is just a minor inconvenience. 
In my own life I have dealt with devastating trauma or loss, and I can personally tell you that while it broke me for the moment, it did not define who I am. 
I am a child of God, and He has saved me many times. 
And He will save you if you believe.  

 

#dailybreadbykitty

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1167248103736801

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...