Thursday, May 25, 2023

I want to help

It is true that some preach about Christ because they are jealous and bitter. But others preach about Christ because they want to help. They preach because they have love, and they know that God gave me the work of defending the Good News.

- Philippians 1:15-16 (ICB)

 

I’m doing it again, using another translation for today’s verse. 
The International Children’s Bible is written at a third-grade level and is both conservative and evangelical in tone, the New Century Version (NCV) is a revision of the ICB. 
Somedays I need words in a third-grade level. 
So, this verse is telling us to listen carefully to what people are preaching. 

There are people out there that will pull words out, change words completely and twist everything around, to conform the Bible to their point of view or to try and use the Bible against people who are preaching the truth.

Those that preach hatred and unacceptance are not preaching God’s word, no matter how they try to disguise it as such.
These people are probably jealous or bitter that you have something they don’t: the love of God in your heart.
Some people stick to the word though, they don’t try to manipulate it and conform it to their agenda, these are the people who love God, and they sincerely want to help others know the Father. 
I want to help people know my Father. 
I want to introduce them to Him and help them build a relationship with Him. 
Be aware of who is preaching and be sure they are genuine. 

 

#dailybreadbykitty

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1167248103736801

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...