Monday, May 29, 2023

Memorial Day

I thank God for you whenever I think of you.

- Philippians 1:3 (NLV)

 

Happy Memorial Day. 
For a little history, Memorial Day is a federal holiday in the United States for honoring and mourning military personnel that died while serving.
For those that need a reminder: 
Armed Forces Day - for those still in uniform. 

Veteran's Day - for those who hung up their uniform.

Memorial Day - for those who never made it out of their uniform.
My mother and grandmother observed this day to place flowers, wreaths, and flags on the graves of every family member and friend that had passed, military or not. 
My mother kept a list of the graves that she needed to decorate every year, and it was not just put the flowers down and move on to the next grave, it was placing the flowers or the flag and taking a moment to remember the impact that person had on her life.

If we are lucky, we have many people cross our paths in our lifetime, some we will forge a lasting relationship with, and others are a one-time meeting. 
There are those that leave a lasting impression on us, those that we are thankful that we had an opportunity to connect. 
We should not need a federal holiday to remember the people that have touched us, we should thank God for them regularly. 
If you are reading this, then I thank God for you. 

You are important to someone; you are beautiful and wonderful and a brother or sister in Christ. 
I thank God for YOU.

 

#dailybreadbykitty

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1167248103736801

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...