Thursday, May 18, 2023

FOMO

But, dear friends, remember what the apostles of our Lord Jesus Christ foretold. They said to you, “In the last times there will be scoffers who will follow their own ungodly desires.” These are the people who divide you, who follow mere natural instincts and do not have the Spirit.

- Jude 1:17-19 (NIV)

 

I can’t tell you how many times in my life I have been torn.

My heart tells me to go one way, but my friends or family tell me something else. 
I hear all the time “YOLO” (you only live once) and I’m told that everyone has FOMO (fear of missing out). 
But what if these people are the ones who are merely following natural instincts, what if their “YOLO” is really something totally against what the Bible says? 
Shouldn’t the fear of missing out be more than partying and living life the way we want to live; shouldn’t FOMO be the fear of not getting into Heaven?

It’s really hard to be torn between doing what you want to do and doing what is right. 
It’s harder to be torn between doing what others want you to do and doing what is right. 
I hope we all make the right decisions. 

 

#dailybreadbykitty

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1167248103736801

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...