Tuesday, May 23, 2023

such joy

For to me, to live is Christ [He is my source of joy, my reason to live] and to die is gain [for I will be with Him in eternity].

- Philippians 1:21 (AMP)

 Ya’ll have heard this before; I love the fact that we have multiple translations of the Bible that we can look at. 

For today’s verse, I am quoting the Amplified Bible, an English language translation produced jointly by Zondervan and the Lockman Foundation and first published in 1965 .

This version included words and phrases intended to bring out the meaning of the text within that text. 
The New King James Version reads 
For to me, to live is Christ, and to die is gain.

In my opinion, having the additional context helps me to understand and appreciate the words way more. 
Christ really is the source of my joy and when I die, I will go to live with Him forever. 
I like being able to understand what I am reading and see how it fits in my life. 
Who is the source of your joy?

#dailybreadbykitty

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1167248103736801


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...