Wednesday, May 17, 2023

what we should do

For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men, teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly in the present age, looking for the blessed hope and glorious appearing of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ, who gave Himself for us, that He might redeem us from every lawless deed and purify for Himself His own special people, zealous for good works.

—Titus 2:11-14 (NKJV)

 

We have a lot to learn while we are here on earth. 
Yet many of us don’t really take the time to listen and hear what Scripture has to say. 
You know we aren’t going to be here forever, right? 
Building 429 released a song in 2011 called “Where I Belong” – check it out: 

Sometimes it feels like I'm watching from the outside

Sometimes it feels like I'm breathing but am I alive?

I will keep searching for answers that aren't here to find

All I know is I'm not home yet

This is not where I belong

Take this world and give me Jesus

This is not where I belong

So when the walls come falling down on me

And when I'm lost in the current of a raging sea

I have this blessed assurance holding me

All I know is I'm not home yet

This is not where I belong

Take this world and give me Jesus

This is not where I belong

When the earth shakes

I wanna be found in You

When the lights fade

I wanna be found in You
All I know is I'm not home yet

This is not where I belong

Take this world and give me Jesus

This is not where I belong

We haven't arrived at our destination, so we should make the most of our journey.

Jesus gave His life for our redemption, and He will gloriously return to take us home.

While we wait on Him, let's be eager to do what is right, good, and holy.

 

#dailybreadbykitty

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1167248103736801

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...