Friday, May 5, 2023

rock solid

There is no one holy like the Lord; there is no one besides you; there is no Rock like our God.

- 2 Samuel 2:2 (NIV)

 

I truly believe there is music in my soul, I can find a song to reference almost everything in my life.

I listen to all types of music, and I find beauty in most of the songs, but I especially appreciate the songs that have lyrics that speak to me. 
In 1834 Edward Mote, a pastor at Rehoboth Baptist Church in West Sussex, England wrote a hymn that was put to music by William Batchelder Bradbury in 1963: 
My hope is built on nothing less

Than Jesus Christ, my righteousness;

I dare not trust the sweetest frame,

But wholly lean on Jesus’ name.

On Christ, the solid Rock, I stand;

All other ground is sinking sand,

All other ground is sinking sand.

When darkness veils His lovely face,

I rest on His unchanging grace;

In every high and stormy gale,

My anchor holds within the veil.

...

His oath, His covenant, His blood,

Support me in the whelming flood;

When all around my soul gives way,

He then is all my hope and stay.

...

When He shall come with trumpet sound,

Oh, may I then in Him be found;

In Him, my righteousness, alone,

Faultless to stand before the throne.

...
There is no rock like God. 

Several bands have recorded this next song snippet written by Paul Baloche called Rock of Ages: 
There Is No Rock,

There Is No God Like Our God,

No Other Name

Worthy Of All Our Praise.

The Rock Of Salvation

That Cannot Be Moved,

He’s Proven Himself

To Be Faithful And True.

There Is No Rock,

There Is No God Like Ours.

There Is No Rock,

There Is No God Like Our God,

No Other Name

Worthy Of All Our Praise.

...

Rock Of Ages, Jesus Is The Rock.

Rock Of Ages, Jesus Is The Rock.

Rock Of Ages, Jesus Is The Rock.

There Is No Rock,

There Is No God Like Ours.

...
Ya’all.  
There really is only one. 
He is the Rock, the Rock of Salvation, the Rock where we can build our house and be safe forever. 
Rock on! 

 

#dailybreadbykitty

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1167248103736801

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...