Wednesday, May 3, 2023

sleep is good

I will both lie down in peace, and sleep; For You alone, O Lord, make me dwell in safety.

- Psalm 4:8 (NKJV)

 

My husband can sleep anywhere. 
He will say “I’m going to take a 20-minute nap”, close his eyes and he is asleep (and snoring). 
Honestly, that makes me a little jealous, because I am one of those that occasionally suffers from insomnia. 
While he is peacefully snoring, I am tossing and turning and praying for sleep. 

Wait – praying? 
Most of the time when I struggle with insomnia, it is because I have something weighing heavy on my mind or my heart. 
These are the times that I need to give it to God, because He will keep me safe, He will hear my fears and comfort me. 
It seems to me that my fears and worries aren’t such a burden when I talk to God about them. 
And usually by the time I say “Amen” I can lie down with peace in my heart and sleep. 
But I don’t snore. (husband has video that proves differently.) 

#dailybreadbykitty

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1167248103736801

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...