Wednesday, November 2, 2022

fixing myself first

Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts. Point out anything in me that offends you, and lead me along the path of everlasting life.

- Psalm 139:23-24 (NLT)

 

“We can’t fix others; we can only fix ourselves.”

These are the words spoken at a seminar I attended recently on conflict resolution.

It kind of hit me hard.

In most cases I feel like I am right, and I have trouble seeing the truth, that I might actually be wrong. 
Another thing the speaker said is “In the adult world, unsolicited advice is not heard”.

Most of us don't like being questioned or tested, especially by someone with whom we have conflict.

Asking God to search us and test us is not a stretch since He knows us inside and out, He has been with us from our conception.

We need to know that God is not there to condemn or punish, but to cleanse and redeem so that we can be led to His eternal grace.

I want to be the woman that God intended me to be, and if that means being searched and tested to be lead on the right path, then that is what I ask.

If this helps me to fix myself then so be it.

God is my salvation.

 

#dailybreadbykitty

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1167248103736801

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...