Thursday, November 10, 2022

decisions

A fool thinks he needs no advice, but a wise man listens to others.

- Proverbs 12:15 (TLB)

 

Last month I decided on something that I had prayed about for a significant amount of time.

I was comfortable with my decision up until the last few days, now I am second guessing myself.  

Did I make the right decision?

How does my decision impact my family, my job, my life?

What does the Bible say about making decisions?

Once again, I am faced with many translations of a verse but the Good News Translation (GNT) of this verse kind of stung a little: 
Stupid people always think they are right. Wise people listen to advice.

Ouch.

We can all use advice from time to time, but we also need to take heed of exactly who it is that we are speaking to when we ask for advice.

Because we are not always going to hear the right thing, and we are not always going to like what we hear.

Today is one of those days that I am going to reference multiple Bible verses, all from the NIV translation:

Where there is strife, there is pride, but wisdom is found in those who take advice. – Proverbs 13:10

The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge, but fools despise wisdom and instruction. – Proverbs 1:7

Do not be misled: “Bad company corrupts good character.” – 1 Corinthians 15:33

If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you. – James 1:5

We should all seek wise counsel, and friends, let me tell you, sometimes the people we trust most do not have our best interests at heart.

While I am still not sure I made the right decision based on recent conversation, I am going to see this one through.

At the end of the day, I pray that it is God’s will be done, in all situations.

 

#dailybreadbykitty

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1167248103736801

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...