Tuesday, November 8, 2022

unity

God told us the secret of what He wanted to do. It is this: In loving thought He planned long ago to send Christ into the world. The plan was for Christ to gather us all together at the right time. If we are in heaven or still on earth, He will bring us together and will be head over all.

- Ephesians 1:9-10 (NLV)

 

Everyone who reads my daily musings knows that I like to look at multiple versions of the scriptures that I use. 
Today’s verses were originally going to be from the NIV translation: 

He made known to us the mystery of His will according to His good pleasure, which He purposed in Christ, to be put into effect when the times reach their fulfillment—to bring unity to all things in heaven and on earth under Christ.
I like the NIV translation for the one word: “unity”, but I was afraid that the rest of the verse would be lost.

God knows what He is doing, He has known it all along.

I had the pleasure of making a new friend this weekend (I love making new friends!) when she visited the church I attend.

We talked for a few minutes before the service began and I wanted to let her know some of the things we do in this church that may be different from other churches such as the songs we sing, the order of service, the way we do communion. 

After service she told me that she had attended many denominations before determining where she belonged, and that the truth of the matter was that she really felt like it didn’t matter what church we attend, God is looking for unity among His people. 
Mic drop. 

God wants unity among His people.

The dictionary defines unity as the state of being united or joined as a whole.

We are no longer in the days where we can’t understand what someone else is saying, no longer have a language barrier when we have translators (thanks Google!) at our very fingertips!  

Why is it so hard to see that we should all have one goal in mind and that goal is to get to Heaven, to live with Jesus.

You might note that I am posting this on election day, 2022.

Unity.

Think about our one goal when you go to the polls.

Think about our one goal when someone tries to reel you into a heated argument about politics.

At the end of the day only one thing matters.

Unity - so we are ready when He brings us together.

 

#dailybreadbykitty

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1167248103736801

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...